The Tambellini Group is a growing analyst and advising firm that specializes in serving the US higher education market. The Industry Research Assistant will research higher education technology selections, and gather information to analyze vendor market position, strengths, and other essential information, including client institutions, pricing, contacts, and organizational structure. Industry Research Assistants act as resources to Tambellini analysts and assist them in collecting and analyzing technology selections across higher education.
- Research, categorize, and report on higher education technology selections
- Research, analyze, and report on leading vendor solutions used across higher education with the ability to identify new and emerging trends
- Provide Tambellini analysts with market share data across types, sizes, and associations of institutions; delineate between enterprise or department use; and identification of new and emerging higher education technology trends
- Present research findings using written text and graphical visualizations
- Conduct research on buyer opinions and marketing strategies, collaborating with marketing professionals, statisticians, and other professionals
- Measure and assess customer and employee satisfaction
- Work with analysts to define the best methodology for collecting and validating data, such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires
- Collaborate with analyst team on strategies to answer important business questions
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; extensive relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience and knowledge in market research, data analysis, and reporting
- Critical thinking mindset with strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Experience in identifying strengths and weaknesses of comparative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Strong ability to process information: researching, categorizing, tabulating, and verifying of data
- Strong communicator with the ability to communicate information in multiple formats, including written, oral presentation, and visual representation
- Proven experience with managing deadlines and priorities in a remote setting
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Work in a collaborative work environment with the ability to juggle multiple projects at one time
- Possess characteristics of being a self-starter and self-motivated that can stay on task in a remote setting
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Teams
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of higher education vendor solutions in support of back-office, academics, and across the student lifecycle
- Customer Service—Knowledge of principles and processes for providing services to internal and external customers. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge in using Salesforce CRM and or Quickbase
- Knowledge in using data visualization and or business intelligence tools such as Tableau or Cognos
- Experience or interest in learning business intelligence, photo editing, and visualization tools
- Collect and analyze data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
- Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Measure and assess customer and employee satisfaction.
- Forecast and track marketing and sales trends, analyzing collected data.
- Seek and provide information to help companies determine their position in the marketplace.
- Conduct research on consumer opinions and marketing strategies, collaborating with marketing professionals, statisticians, pollsters, and other professionals.
- Gather data on competitors and analyze their prices, sales, and method of marketing and distribution.
- Monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature.
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires, or arrange to obtain existing data.
- Full-time, remote location.