The Tambellini Group is the leading independent technology research and advisory firm dedicated exclusively to higher education. We are a diverse team of experts who are passionate about helping colleges and universities succeed. We are looking for a Strategic Advisor to join our team.
The Strategic Advisor supporting vendor relationships and Market Insight members will be a thought leader and strategist. The ideal candidate understands the role of analyst relations and has experience interacting with analyst firms. The successful candidate will be a leader with a proven track record in higher education leadership roles. This role will retain and develop Tambellini’s membership base from software vendors, service providers, consulting firms, and investment bankers providing products and services to higher education. The strategic advisor will identify growth opportunities and be responsible for vendor relationships. In addition, you’ll be responsible for preserving and expanding vendor relationships and specialized vendor content within the Tambellini Market Insights client portal. This role will work in collaboration with strategic advisors, analysts, membership development, and marketing to be part of the overall membership success focus of Tambellini.
- Execute company strategies to facilitate the attainment of goals, including:
- Onboarding new members and gaining their adoption and engagement
- Securing renewals and expanding existing relationships
- Identifying and developing new premium service offerings
- Interact with vendors to introduce The Tambellini Group, offerings, and differentiators to new and existing vendors.
- Drive engagement in the Market Insight portal and research
- Support analyst engagement with vendors and ensure primary analysts remain informed
- Drive the use and expansion of premium service offerings
- Unearth new vendor opportunities through networking, research, and outreach
- Create an account by account business strategy, resulting in detailed business plans to facilitate the attainment of goals
- Elicit feedback from members to ensure that Tambellini’s service offerings align with the market
- Provide professional after-sales support to enhance the customers’ benefits
- Remain in frequent contact with members, track use of member services, and meet according to member contracts
- Respond to and resolve issues and concerns, facilitate member satisfaction, and uphold Tambellini’s reputation
- Negotiate agreements according to approved terms, and keep records of sales and data
- Ensure the quality and timely delivery of services for members
- A team player passionate about supporting higher education
- Understanding of research and advisory firms
- Ability to interact at the highest level of an organization, including CEOs, VP of Sales, VP Marketing, etc.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organizational and time-management skills
- A proven higher education thought leader with executive experience
- Proven business acumen
- Excellent writing skills
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- College degree
- Experience with analysts relations teams
- Full-time, remote location
- All candidates must submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position