Consortium Model for Security with Fred Damiano
As part of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2018, Tambellini’s Katelyn Ilkani talks with Fred Damiano, Vice President of Strategic Initiatives and CIO of Hobart and William Smith Colleges, about a consortium model for cybersecurity. Damiano discusses how Hobart and William Smith, along with five other institutions, made the strategic decision to jointly work on cybersecurity programs together and to partner with an outside firm for managed security services. He details the steps to launch the consortium, including the creation of guiding principles and information security roadmaps, as well as challenges, lessons learned, and the impacts to cybersecurity efforts at Hobart and William Smith.
- Evaluating cybersecurity models
- Using managed security services
- Developing information security roadmaps
- Implementing programs locally and across campuses
- Leveraging expertise, project artifacts, and outputs
- Measuring success