Supercharging Student Success
It’s true that graduating from a university or college is an undeniable accomplishment. But, Oral Roberts University (ORU) has a longer-term vision and plants the seed for success to reach beyond commencement day through its student success program. While working with many stakeholders, ORU’s Dr. Kathaleen Reid-Martinez, Provost, and Mike Mathews, Vice President of Technology and Innovation, are integral to an ecosystem blending technology and innovation to benefit students through their learning journey. They believe it is a reflection of the institution’s motto Whole Person Education and their promotion of balance in body, mind, and spirit. You will be fascinated to hear that every ORU student has a Fitbit that provides the school data through their heartbeats. Find out what other advances this award-winning institution has on their radar.
- The various stakeholder roles that make this student success program a reality.
- How a technology-heavy program still allows for personal interaction.
- Student life, while not academic, is important to overall student well-being.
- This student generation’s opinion about privacy and personal data and how their choices make technology work for them.
- Possible replacements for anxiety-causing smartphones in the not-too-distant future.