Student Success, Continuing the Transformation Journey

Top of Mind: Student Success, Continuing the Transformation Journey

Co-Columnist: Dave Kieffer, Vice President, Research, Large Enterprise Systems, The Tambellini Group Increased and Changing External Pressures Pressures outside an institution’s control—beyond accreditation, compliance, and regulation—continue to expand. Diversification and the shrinking size of student populations, and student expectations for a personalized educational experience (when, where, and how they want to experience learning) are growing […]

My Top 10 Takeaways from EDUCAUSE 2019

Top of Mind: Top 10 Takeaways from EDUCAUSE 2019

The Tambellini Group was in Chicago last week at the annual EDUCAUSE conference. It was such a pleasure to meet with current and prospective Tambellini members. The air was energized and the conversations lively. There were some consistent themes and messages throughout the conference, and I came away with some valuable insights.  Most institutions with […]

The Only Constant is Change

Top of Mind: The Only Constant is Change

In 2015, Lubbock Christian University took on a five-year institutional strategic planning process that our president named Vision 2020. It was a broad look across the university to identify improvement opportunities. Every university employee was involved, and at the conclusion, the overarching theme of the document became “a transformational student experience.” There were many parts […]

Tambellini Cloud Transformation Summit for Higher Ed IT Executives Infographic

Top of Mind: Tambellini Summit Infographic

Word travels fast. You may have already heard that The Tambellini Group is hosting the Tambellini Cloud Transformation Summit—an exclusive event for higher education IT executives—December 4–6 in the greater Boston area. With seating limited to 100 attendees, don’t miss this opportunity to join your colleagues at this 3-day retreat of learning, exploration, inspiration, and […]

Prep for a Successful Move to the Cloud Infographic

Only 5% of US colleges and universities have selected a modern cloud student or ERP solution. The other 95% are thinking about it or making plans for it. The question is no longer if you move your core systems, such as finance, HCM, student and CRM, to the cloud. It’s when. What can make or […]

Make Technology Decisions with Data-Driven Insight: An Essential Higher Education Reading List Infographic

The 2018 EDUCAUSE Annual Conference is quickly approaching. The Tambellini Group looks forward to the four days of learning, connections, and inspirations. Energized by the conference’s program tracks, we compiled our latest research reports into an infographic. Based on unbiased research and verified data, Tambellini research can inform, strengthen and reinforce the technology strategies shaping […]

A Workday vs. Salesforce Implementation: Lessons Learned from Georgetown University

Beth Hayes, Deputy CIO and Director of Enterprise Services at Vassar College, interviews Linda Buckley, Assistant Vice President for Administrative Applications at Georgetown University, about some differences between implementing Workday and Salesforce. The Tambellini Group has written extensively on SIS/ERP, including Workday, as well as on CRM trends and Salesforce in higher ed. You can […]