Collaborating in a Changing IT Environment
Smith College is in the early stages of a multi-year plan to transform its overall technology. Collaboration is more critical than ever in its changing IT environment, according to Samantha Earp, Vice President for IT and CIO. Earp is also the 2019 Tambellini CIO Award winner. This podcast is a great opportunity to hear her words of wisdom as a CIO and understand her perspective on collaboration. She believes at its core is listening and then taking an institutional stance—how to support the institution’s missions and goals both strategically and operationally.
[buzzsprout episode=”1168256 ” player=”true”]
- Collaboration’s role in both large, complex initiatives and smaller, but equally important non-strategic projects.
- Three things to consider when technology and processes shift.
- How the campus IT ecosystem and various product and constituent lifecycles are necessary to the collaboration conversation.
- The importance of people and how to handle ownership.
- Understanding the notion of institutional citizenship.
- The biggest benefits of collaboration.